Thursday, July 14, 2011

Um, what?

I heard on the radio this morning that welfare and social security recipients- as well as members of the armed forces stand to suffer financially if Congress can't figure out a compromise on raising the nation's debt ceiling, and all I can say is: What the FUCK?
Do you know what the pay is for a member of Congress (just your regular member- who sits on no committees or anything)? $174,000 a year. The president is paid $400,000 per year with a $50,000 expense allowance. Not to mention the free health care, travel and the other perks they enjoy.
And these assholes think the brightest way to solve the country's budget problems is by cutting back in those areas? I’m sure there were probably some equally stupid areas they were cutting, but this was just the headlines that I heard. Not that I’m all that concerned about welfare payments being cut back- I’ve said many times before, it’s supposed to be a hand up, not a hand out.
But Social Security? Something that most recipients paid into their entire working lives? And now they don’t get their promised money back? It’s a huge point of aggravation for me when I see get my pay stub each week, and see how much money is taken out for Social Security, and know that I’ll most likely never see a fucking dime of that money returned to me when I’m older (I say older, ‘cause at this rate, I’ll never be able to retire).
And the armed forces? Are you fucking kidding me? I’m sure the top brass could use a restructuring in pay (as could most “high ranking officers” in most organizations), but are these fucktards really suggesting that the best way to insure the nation’s fiscal well-being is to risk our actual security by stiffing the men and women in the military who protect us?
Fuck you, Congress (Republicans and Democrats). Fuck you, all of you- past and present- who have gotten us into this mess. And fuck you, those of you who are so goddamned stupid as to think this is a viable solution. How about we go with Warren Buffett’s recent suggestion that we “pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP all sitting members of congress are ineligible for reelection.” Then you assholes can be the ones who suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment