Friday, September 14, 2012

Things like this hurt my head.


What in the hell? A kid in Arkansas has his PB&J sandwich confiscated?
According to the report on Yahoo.com, the school the child attends has "a no-peanut-products policy due to a few students with allergies, so the teacher helped the little boy get a new lunch and sent home a note explaining the situation to his mom."
Well, props to the teacher for making sure the child didn't go hungry, but pardon me if I say this to the school: "that's one fucktarded policy you have there."
Seriously, what the hell? According to the British Medical Journal, 1.6% of the population is allergic to peanuts, while a recent report from the CDC estimates that 4% of school aged children are allergic. Think about that for a second. In a school with 100 students, four of them would be allergic. So it somehow seems an equitable solution is what amounts to a punishment for the rest of the kids? (I mean, come on. What kid besides those four out of 100 doesn't like PB&J? I STILL eat it.)
The report also featured comments from a "Connecticut mother of an allergic child was shocked by the hostility she was met with when proposing a peanut ban at her own kid's school. 'People were extremely rude,' she told the Associated Press. 'They just thought it was a ridiculous request.'"
Guess what lady? While I'm not defending people's rudeness, it's just not a ridiculous request- it's downright asinine. I've said this before, I think, but I'll repeat it: If your child is allergic to something, it's YOUR responsibility to keep them away from it.
Expecting the entire population to cater to your child's needs is, in the words of Bobby Cox, "fucking horseshit."


No comments:

Post a Comment